Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Favorite Apps

A couple of months ago, my thoughtful husband showed up after work saying he had a surprise for me. I figured it might be a Hershey bar (my ultimate favorite candy), some flowers, or maybe even a gift card for a prenatal massage. Nope...it was a whole iPad! He had faked going to work that morning, stood in line for a few hours, picked it up, kept the secret all day, and brought it home for me. I was so excited! I'm pretty obsessed with my iPhone, so I was excited to learn all about my new "big phone", as my 2-year-old still refers to it.
I'm still learning what my favorite iPad apps are, so I'll start with my tried and true favorite iPhone apps.

Viggle



 Ok, Viggle is stinkin' amazing. It's an app with which you can "check in" to TV shows and earn points. You earn one point per minute of TV watched, plus "bonus" points for featured shows, listed within the app, that change each day. Points translate to rewards. Good rewards. I've already redeemed points for $200.00 worth of gift cards to places including Old Navy, Gap, and iTunes. This is after only using the app for around 3 months! The trick is to "check in" to the longest shows you can find during the day {for max points}, and check into as many "bonus point" shows as you can at prime time. {Learn more about Viggle.}

 Instagram




As I stated in a previous post, I'm a photoholic. Who wouldn't love an app created just for taking, filtering,  and sharing photos?! It's definitely a favorite. {Learn more about Instagram}

Etsy



Etsy is, of course, one of my favorite apps. It took them forever to design and release it, but it was worth the wait. I *love* being able to manage both of my Etsy shops from my phone. The app allows me to do almost everything I'm able to do from my laptop. {Super convenient when I'm on my phone while rocking my babies to sleep!}  {Learn more about the Etsy App}


Grocery IQ



     Grocery IQ was one of the first apps I downloaded when I got my iPhone. It not only allows you to create custom grocery lists, but you can share them across devices! For example: if I create a grocery list in my phone, it syncs with my husband's list on his phone, so that I can send him to the store for everything on the now combined list. It saves your purchase history, allows you to scan barcodes to add items to the list, and even has cute little check boxes for you to click while you're shopping. Did I mention it's free? Because it is. FREE. 

Grocery IQ also has coupons within the app that you can email to yourself and print off. Pretty handy! {Learn more about Grocery IQ}

GroupShot



    Ok, truth be told, I just stumbled upon GroupShot this week. As a photoholic, I am always looking for useful new photo apps to play with. GroupShot is like iPhone photoshop for dummies. It comes in very handy when I'm trying to get a good shot of both of my kids together. You can take several of the same shot, then pick out the best faces and combine them into one good picture. So, no more 'one kid smiling and one kid crying' pictures. I'm pretty excited about this one, and it was only .99! (.99 which I earned on Viggle!}  {Learn more about Group Shot}



I'm going to be honest. I've been writing this post for about a week now, so I'm going to wrap it up. Here is a list of a few other iPhone apps I love, but I'm going to let you search them out yourself instead of spending my day pasting a bunch of links. :)

  • Facebook
  • Red Stamp
  • Cuptakes : Stinkin' adorable, girly wallpapers for your phone.
  • Pinterest
  • YouVersion : The best Bible app out there, hands down.

No comments: