I knew I had fears and concerns about what life would be like when we became a family of 4 in just a few weeks. This just put lots of them into words. So grateful that lots of other mama's go through the same thought processes and make it through!
She wrote about 10 things she wished she'd been told as she was welcoming Baby #2 into her family.
1. Yes, no matter how much you love #1, you will love #2 equally. But maybe not right at first in the same way. Remember when #1 was born and you loved them right away? That love has evolved into the kind where you know them inside and out. You have to get to know #2, but you'll get there. You'll still love them right away and you won't even realize when it changes to the inside out kind. I promise.
2. You haven't destroyed your relationship with #1 by bringing in #2. You've strengthened it. And it's okay that they no longer get 100% of your attention during the day, they're going to be better people because of it. I promise.
3. By making them the older sibling, you haven't forced them to grow up before they're ready. They're still the same kid you had before #2. I promise.
4. It's okay to put #2 down and snuggle up with #1 in the hospital bed, and when they'd rather play with with whatever cool medical stuff they can find in the hospital room, it doesn't mean they're taking anything out on you. I promise.
5. You're going to have a split second when you're going to wonder about #2 and if they'll be as great as #1. They will be. I promise.
6. When you're feeding #2 and #1 does something terrible, they're not trying to tell you you're a bad parent. They're testing your boundaries. This might sound totally rational now, but the thought will cross your mind. You're a great parent. I promise.
7. There will come times when you'll have to choose between the two and #1 will get the short end of the stick. It's okay. You can make it up to them later. They won't hold it against you, and they'll still turn into good people. I promise.
8. It's okay to call your friends and freak out a little. Call one that already has two kids. She understands. I promise.
9. Trust your "Mommy Sense". You know what you're doing this time around. I promise.
10. Everything's going to be fine. There's a happy ending. You'll sleep again someday. I promise.
...There's more thoughts to add to this post, but I'll split it up, because this one's already a bit long with the list. :)