Thursday, January 12, 2012

Piano Makeover

Since we moved into our new house last October, one of the things I couldn't wait to do was paint our piano. I'd seen these gorgeous painted pianos all over Pinterest (alliteration, anyone?), and had grand plans for ours.



We didn't have room for the piano in our old house, so some friends housed it for us until we made our move to Keller. Now, it sits in our front study sitting room, and I just love having it! Allie wanders to the front of the house at least once a day and "plays" what she thinks is Kim Walker's rendition of Happy Day. So cute.

So, here is our old, yellowish piano before the makeover:


(Excuse the mess. I was about to start painting when I thought,
"Ah! Before picture!")
...

...and...here's the beautiful icy/gray/blue piano after!


Isn't it amazing?! I am really thrilled with how it came out! The color is exactly
as I'd envisioned it, and I even found perfect coordinating fabric to cover the
piano bench!



Truth be told, I still have to get a tiny paintbrush and paint between the back part of all of the piano keys. That was just too tedious for me to accomplish before Allie's birthday party. I'll get to it...

Anyway, that was my big project last month! Next  on the agenda...decorating baby boy's room!

No comments: