Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmastime Recap {2011}

You know how life is so busy all the time? Well, that busyness, like, quadruples for us at Christmastime. {And this is with ONE sweet little one. I can't imagine how busy it will get as our family grows!}

So, here are a few of the fun things we got to do over our Christmas break...

We put up our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. Since I
was a kid, we always took a family photo in front of the tree after it was all
decorated, so I've continued this tradition with my family. This EXCELLENT picture,
in which we are all smiling and looking at the camera, was a Christmas miracle!
Allie was not Santa's biggest fan this year, but the
pictures are priceless.

Our beautiful girl dressed up in her
Christmas best!

Allie and I made Salt Dough so that we could craft some sweet
little handprint ornaments. Basically, they turned out AWFUL.
{But...I discovered the super easy alternative: Crayola Air-Dry
plaster in a bucket at Wally World. The Crayola ones turned out perfectly!}

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is that my little brother comes
and stays at our house for a few days. Allie sure enjoyed having someone else
to climb on! She loves her "Blakie"!

Memaw got Allie a tricycle for Christmas. Even though she can't quite reach the
pedals, she loves it.

I'm so thankful for all of the time we got to spend with family and friends this Christmas season. I'm already looking forward to next year, when we get to celebrate our little guy's first Christmas!

1 comment:

Amy G said...

She is getting so big and such a cutie!