Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This and That

So....it's 'this & that' Tuesday....and I let it get all the way to the end of the day before I sat down to think about what "this & that" would even be about. Now, I'm tired, and my brain is like mush, so don't expect a well-penned novel this evening.


To start...does anyone know how to keep your countertops clean? I mean, really. Our back door (coming in from the garage, where we always enter the house) enters our kitchen, so the countertops are where our...um...everything end up. There are checks, unread mail, purses and diaper bags, coupons, keys, sunglasses, sippy cups, you name it. It drives me nuts! I mean, where does all the stuff go that doesn't have a place? {In the trash, I know. I used to be a severe pack rat. I'm getting better - I promise.}

That said, if anyone has any tips for de-cluttering the "catch-all" countertop, I'd love to hear 'em.

...

Pinterest. I'm obsessed. There will be an entire post devoted to this
subject very soon.

...

I chopped all of my hair off last week. I'd been considering a short cut for months, and
finally got up enough nerve to go for it. Everyone said I'd cry and hate it. 
Guess what?
I LOVE IT. 
I stinkin' LOVE it! It's so nice and cool, and I just love it. 
An even bigger bonus was getting to donate 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love!


{Sorry about this being a phone
screen shot. I didn't realize it at first, and like
I said: brain is mush, and I'm tired. Therefore,
too much work to upload a new pic.}


...

We are getting our house ready to go on the market. SO excited about this 
process, and even more excited to see the 
wonderful new house God is going to lead us to. I have loved 
living here, and I know
I'll be sad to leave our first home, but I am seriously excited about 
what's next! {One regret: I didn't take photos of the house as-is before 
we started taking family photos and things down off of the walls. 
Wish I'd done this - just for my own memories.}

...

Aaaaaand that's it.

No comments: