Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

I took my first home pregnancy test that resulted in a "+" sign! I can't believe a full year has passed since that day. After days on end of feeling crummy, I took the test on a whim, not really thinking anything of it. I was home alone, and sure I would just take it, it would be negative, and I wouldn't have to deal with the build-up of having to tell Adam and then let us both down.

Needless to say, that was not the case! After crying and practically jumping up and down in our little bathroom, I checked - and then checked again - and then checked again - to be sure it was still positive. Then, I called Adam. I don't think either of us really knew how to respond to this news! Little did we know that one short year later, we'd have an almost-4-month-old on our hands!

The past 12 months have been some of the craziest, most exciting of my life. I am still so unbelievably grateful to God for giving me a healthy, uneventful pregnancy, and a gorgeous, healthy, joyful baby girl!!!


Ephesians 3:20 is my favorite scripture of all: "By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we could ever dare to ask or hope."

That's what He has done for me. He's given me "infinitely more than I could've ever dared to ask or hope for." I am so humbled, and so thankful.

No comments: