Saturday, April 3, 2010

He is Risen!


I love Easter. I believe we were meant to wake with much more excitement on Easter morning than Christmas morning, awed at the hope and freedom that Christ's resurrection brings.

When I was a kid, my parents used to listen to Sandi Patty's music often. Every Easter, this song comes back to my mind. Though the music is outdated, the lyrics are some of my favorite to hear on Easter morning:

Was it a morning like this When the Son still hid from Jerusalem? And Mary rose from her bed To tend the Lord She thought was dead  What is a morning like this, When Mary walked down from Jerusalem?  And two angels stood at the tomb, Bearers of news she would hear soon.  Did the grass sing? Did the earth rejoice To feel you again? Over and over like a  Trumpet underground, Did the earth seem to pound: “He is risen”  over and over in a never ending round “He is risen, alleluia, alleluia!”  Was it an morning like this, When Peter and John from Jerusalem? And as they raced for the tomb, Beneath their feet was there a tune?  Was it a morning like this, When my Lord looked out  On Jerusalem? He is risen, alleluia, alleluia.
What a gracious, mighty God we serve! Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments: