Friday, December 18, 2009

16: Glory-Strength

I realized sometime during the night, or in the early morning hours, something very important. I've been so extremely focused on how to get baby Allie here over the past few days. So focused, in fact, that I've neglected to ask God about it. I've neglected to pray, to seek, to listen. I sometimes feel so emotionally led these days that I think, somehow, it's a good excuse to push Him aside. "He'll understand. He created me! He created pregnancy! He knows what I'm going through right now." Yes, He does understand, and He is in control, but that in NO way excuses me from continually submitting to His sovereign authority and grace...and from simply talking to Him about it.

This is the verse He led me to this morning:

Colossians 1:11-12 (The Message) "We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul—not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that He has for us."

That's the strength I so deeply desire to have within me, and to display, as I walk with God through these last days of my pregnancy: Glory-Strength.

This song is one that has been on repeat this morning in my house...

'While I'm Waiting' by John Waller

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!