Friday, May 1, 2009

We're Pregnant!!!


1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the
Lord has given me what I asked of Him."


My mind is in a state of complete chaos right now. It has been about 72 hours since I took my home pregnancy test, and it showed a bright pink POSITIVE! :)

I am writing this post, knowing it will likely be weeks until I am able to post it, (it has been a little over 2 weeks, and I'm so glad to finally say it out loud) as we want to wait awhile to tell everyone. I have to let it out somehow, though! I'm so excited, and I feel so blessed by God! My body is going a little nuts these days, adjusting to all of these changes, and I'm learning quickly how little I know about this process. I'm so excited about what the next few weeks and months will hold as we wait to welcome our first precious baby into the world!

We are prayerfully and earnestly asking God for a healthy, happy little one, and would appreciate your prayers, too!

(Watch for a hysterical post about how we told our families.)


7 comments:

Krista Sanders said...

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I waited WAY to long to get caught up. I am so excited for you. You are going to do such an amazing job as a mommy! Congratulations to you BOTH!!!

Krista Sanders said...

Oh!! I have a feeling there will be a few more posts now along the way! Very fun.

Tori said...

Thanks, Krista! You're such a sweet encouragement. I'm still stunned at this blessing, and can't wait to see all that's in store!

Amy G said...

Yay, I am so happy to hear this! I guess I missed that you updated your blog last week, normally mine tells me when. I am so excited for you guys. I prayed for God to bless you with a baby and I know you will do a wonderful job being a mommy and a role model to the little one!

Tori said...

Thanks so much, Amy! I wrote this May 1st, but just published it today, so you aren't behind! We are so excited!

Anonymous said...

Adam and Tori,
We are so happy for you guys. We know that this is an answer to prayer. We will continue to pray for all three of you.
We love you guys.
Todd and Robin

Steve said...

Amazing!!! You guys are gonna love being parents!! Besides Jesus, it's the greatest blessing in the world. It's tons of work and will change your life, but it's definitely worth it. We're excited for you and will be praying throughout the process.

If you've got any questions, let us know. Miranda has gone through it all twice in the past two years. Wait. . .so have I.