Monday, September 1, 2008

it's September...what??

I can't believe it's September! This year is flying by so fast! The past couple of weeks have been pretty chaotic. I'm doing my best to enjoy this holiday, because I know things are about to get even crazier as my grandmother and I start teaching for the fall semester in a little over 24 hours.

So about a week and a half ago, we went to a Ranger game. We love to go to the games, and this time, we were especially excited, because we had 14th row seats! We went early, so we could stop and pick up my fabulous new MacBook laptop, and got to the game a little after 6. We brought our own dinner, so we sat in our wonderful seats and ate while we (sweated and) waited for the game to begin at 7:05. At 7:04 EXACTLY, it started to rain. They'd already thrown out the first pitch, sang the national anthem, and everything...but noooooo, it was time to bring out the tarp. After an hour and 14 minutes of rain, the game was back on. We had an interesting view for much of the evening... Only in Texas, right?


This past weekend was not my ideal "last weekend of Summer break". I know that's terribly selfish, since I'm one of very few people I know who even get a break for summer. I am thankful for being moved out of my comfort zone, and into a "service" zone, though. I learned a lot, and did more than I knew I was capable of as I helped my best friend move out of her 3rd floor apartment. My calves are still angry at me for a zillion trips up and down the stairs...I can't imagine how poor Erin feels...she had to unload everything after I left! What a trooper! Then, all day Saturday, Adam and I helped some friends with a garage sale. What a weekend!

I'm so thankful that we were able to sleep in a little on Sunday and go to the late service at church. I think the church service was more refreshing than the sleep, though. It is always so refreshing to spend time with fellow believers in worship.

This week will be a busy one, but I'm so excited to see what this year of sewing lessons will hold! We've got lots of young girls this year, so hopefully I'll have some funny stories to share soon!

Happy Labor Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tori! So exciting about your MacBook! You're one of "us" now. :-) I hope you've had the chance to visit the new Mac store in FW... I can't wait.

Anyways...I figured out what iChat is...your silly brother set it up on my computer a looong time ago and I hardly ever use it. But my info is hartattack87, just for the record. :-)

--khart

Shannon said...

I've often thought that I'd love to be a fly on the wall during those sewing classes! I can only imagine the things you and your grandma hear! (Hopefully not from my children!) ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello my sister in Christ! My name is Nika! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! I so like your blog! And I to like books by John Piper. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English. Please e-mail me: zn4hisglory4@gmail.com