Monday, April 2, 2012

Countdown: 7 Days

Seven Days.

{So, obviously, I completely let, like, 5 weeks or something go by since my last countdown post. It's been busy in our house!}

So, I'm crazy, apparently. In my 37th week of pregnancy, I made the decision to switch to a new OB/GYN. I was seeing one that I liked ok, but didn't really connect with. She was always in and out of appointments really quickly, and rarely took the time to really answer the questions I had. A couple of weeks ago, I was forced to see another doctor in the practice because my doctor was out sick. No big deal...except that I completely loved this new doctor! She was so friendly! She sat and discussed all of my questions with me, and was in no hurry to leave. After thinking and praying about it for a few days, I called to see if she would accept me as a new patient. I was so excited when it all worked out!

Last week, when I went in for my now weekly appointment, she moved our sweet boy's arrival up by a full week! If he doesn't decide to make an appearance before then, I'll be induced next Tuesday, April 10th! Now that I've had a few days to process this big change, I'm really excited. At first, it was a bit overwhelming to think he'd be here so soon!

I shopped today for the last few things we needed: nursing stuff, infant medicines, a nice new robe for the hospital. Now that I have those things taken care of, we're ready to meet Wyatt!

No comments: