Sunday, April 17, 2011

Busy April

This month is f.l.y.i.n.g. by so fast! I can't believe in another two weeks it will be May. Seriously. Ok, I'm sorry. Sometimes I think I start every blog post by discussing how fast time is flying. I'm just consistently surprised when I sit down and reflect! Our time on earth is truly a breath.

We're having such a busy Spring around here! Adam has run in 2 races in the past few weeks, & Allie and I are enjoying days at the zoo with friends in the beautiful spring weather. I had a big sale at Freckled Pink to help my brother raise money for a mission trip, & I've been working daily on filling orders placed during the sale. So busy - but all fun things!

One of the most fun events lately was Allie's first Easter Egg Hunt. We were invited to our sweet friends', the Carey's, for an egg hunt and a visit with the Easter Bunny himself. It's so fun to watch Allie in these new situations. To see how she interacts with other kids, and to see how she's learning to follow our instructions for simple little things like picking up Easter eggs and putting them into her little white basket. My Memaw hid Easter eggs for me and my brother until we were well into our 20's. (By then, they were always "money eggs", which were awesome!) I can't wait for Allie to get to have her first Easter egg hunt at Memaw's next weekend on Easter Sunday. It means so much to see her enjoying so many things I got to do as a child. It melts my heart, and makes me so thankful for the very few things in my life that have remained the same all these years.

She wasn't a big fan of the Easter Bunny.

My little pink bunny!

Her ADORABLE ruffled bloomers. These were a baby shower gift, and I
was so excited to finally get to use them after waiting so long!

Picking up eggs like a pro!

Adam, being such a sweet daddy to hold Allie's
little white basket and pink eggs. Love it.

Happy family after the egg hunt!

No comments: