Thursday, March 17, 2011

15 Months

I ask this every month (really, every day), but seriously, "How did we get here?!" How am I already the mommy to a 15-month-old?! Allie has changed in SO many ways over the past month. We have really watched her turn from a baby into an active, busy, inquisitive, opinionated toddler. Here are just a few of the things she's doing these days.


  • Going outside. Allie stinkin' LOVES being outside. This doesn't bode well for her mama, who is a tried and true "inside girl". It is really nice to be able to take her out in the afternoons, though, and let her roam the yard for awhile.

  • Carefully walking in and out of the back sliding door. She's just mastered climbing over the raised door frame, and loves to do it over and over again.

  • Baby Einstein DVD's. She is specifically mesmerized by "Baby McDonald", the animal video, and "Baby DaVinci", which is all about facial features and body parts. She loves the part when they sing, "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes", and loves to point to her shoulders and toes. I love to hear her sweet, high-pitched voice say, "shuh-durs?"
  • She now knows where eyes, ears, nose, teeth, hands, and feet are.
  • She gets super pumped when we sing "Happy and You Know It", and especially loves to "stomp her feet".
  • Her favorite gadget is still the remote control. I keep finding things on the DVR that she's recorded...
  • Our technologically savvy girl has already figured out how to unlock our iPhones. She can also double-click them to make them play music quicker than I can. What in the world, I feel old.
  • Instead of the "little blankie", she now sleeps with her full-sized blankie. I will be making a replacement blankie soon, so that we are never without it! (And, so that we can wash the current blankie without the little drama queen throwing a tantrum.)
  • Words She's Saying:
    • "Wah-foo" - waffle
    • "Eye-sis" - Eisley's (One of your sweet little friends left her hair bow here the other day, and Allie would walk by and point to it, saying "Eye-sis bow" a zillion times a day.
    • "No"
    • "Ah-sis" - What's this?
    • Animal Sounds - "Ba-ba" - sheep; "Wooh-wooh" - dog; A very short "moo" - cow; "chi-chi" - bird; an occasional "doodle-doo" - rooster
    • "Bye-Bye" (always accompanied by a wave)
    • "Ah-Cheer" - high chair
"I don't know!"

  • Things she can identify/point to:
    • Eyes
    • Nose
    • Mouth
    • Teeth
    • Ears
    • Hair
    • Toes
    • Feet
    • Tummy
    • Belly Button (sometimes)
    • Shoulders (thanks to 'Head, Shoulders, Knees, & Toes')
    • Hands
    • Dogs
    • Birds
    • Airplanes
    • The moon
    • Various specific toys (her baby, baby stroller, blocks, piano, ball, books, etc.)
  • Signs/Cute Ways She Communicates:
    • Holding her hands up to her face, shrugging her shoulders means "I don't know" or "where did it go"?
    • Clapping her hands means "I want that" or "More, please"
    • She loves to blow kisses. Big, open-mouthed, open-handed kisses.
    • One of my faves: she waves to the dogs about a thousand times a day.
    • If Adam or I are laying on the couch, and she spots bare feet on the sofa, she grabs the bare feet, smells them, and makes a squished up face, showing how stinky the feet are. Too funny!
  • I was so excited, a few weeks ago, that Allie finally made the connection that her Uncle Blake was singing on stage during Sunday morning worship. She kept pointing to the screens when he would come on. Now, she always looks for him, which I love. :)
  • Whenever she falls, bumps her head, or hurts herself, she takes Adam and I to the scene of the crime, and points to whatever it was that hurt her. I'm loving that she's able to communicate these things now!
  • If she even hears the word flower, she immediately wrinkles up her cute little nose, and begins to sniff. She loves to smell the flowers. :)
  • Our smart girl helps mommy by putting everyone's socks away on laundry day. I open the drawers, l put all of the socks in a pile next to the drawer, and she puts all of the socks away!
  • Allie waves all the time. Everywhere we are, at anyone and everyone we see. If she leaves the room and walks back in, she waves at me. Too stinkin' adorable.


Allie Joy is our little "observer". Any time she finds herself in a new or different situation, she takes a good while to warm up, taking everything in, and sizing everyone up. I love this about her. It makes her sound cautious, but unfortunately for this mama, I don't think she's going to take after me in the caution department. At 15 months old, she's already had her first trip to the E.R. after diving off of the kitchen counter (where she was firmly planted in her Bumbo chair at 9 months old) on to the hard tile, head first. (Read more about Allie's First Emergency.) Just a few weeks ago, she took another dive. This time, she fearlessly leaned over the edge of her changing table, face first, and was planted on the floor before I could catch her. She's a quick one! A "first bloody nose" later, she was just fine, and wanted to go play outside and blow bubbles. 

Daddy & Allie - Can you tell it's early in the morning by their
cute, sleepy eyes?


One of my favorite things about this little toddling girl is how much she's fallen in love with her daddy. Can I blame her? She, somehow, knows when 4:45 rolls around, and it's time for Dada to be home. Sometimes, we wait on the front porch to see his truck drive up. As soon as she sees it coming down the street, she points, puts on her biggest grin, and says, "Dada!" She then waves, waves, and waves, until he makes it up the driveway and into the garage. Occasionally, he stops in the driveway, puts her in his lap, and lets her help him "drive" into the garage the last few feet. Honestly, I don't think she'd care what they were doing at that moment, because she's just so excited to have Daddy home. I love watching their relationship grow and change. Her Daddy loves her more than she knows, and is so ready to show her off whenever the opportunity arises. He's so obviously proud of her, and I know she knows that.

Mommy & Alliebean


I love my girl so much, and I can't believe how fast she's growing! This is such a fun season, and I have never, ever felt so blessed. (Aaaaand, I apologize for the extreme wordiness of this post!)

No comments: