- Allie "yodels" ALL the time. "Lo-del-lo-del-looo-deeel-lo-del-looo." I have no idea what she may be attempting to say, but it's adorable, whatever it is.
- She is walking all the time, everywhere by now, and starting to attempt running a little bit.
- She had her first "real" sickness last week, when she got a tummy bug, ran fever, and slept on mama's lap for almost 4 hours in the middle of the day. It was so sad! I'm so glad she's finally back to her energetic self!
- She thinks it's pretty funny to crawl from time to time - probably because of the reaction Adam and I give her.
- She loves blueberry yogurt, which only started about 2 weeks ago. She never would eat it for me, but then Adam tried, and she ate an entire container!
- Special Agent Oso is her favorite cartoon on TV. She also really enjoys Baby Einstein DVD's - especially Baby McDonald (all about farm animals).
- We spent some time in the last few days learning about stepping up and down on our front porch. She loves practicing that!
- Her tiny feet are still only a size 2. She's been in the same size since she was about 8 months old! That's almost 6 months of size 2's!
- Most of her clothes now are size 9 months or 6-12 months. She still has several things (especially bloomers) that are 0-3 months that still fit fine.
- She claps her hands together to "ask" for things. (The sign is actually for "more, please".) She asks for EVERYTHING using this sign now.
- At her 1-year check-up, she weighed 16 pounds, 12 ounces. The Dr. said, "She almost made it on to the chart." Such a tiny girl!
- We went to the Museum of Science & History last week for the first time. She loved pushing buttons and making lots of bubbles appear in the Children's Museum.
- Her "little blankie" is easily her prized possession, and she can't sleep without it.
- Naps are still unpredictable, but have gotten better since we put up a black-out curtain in Allie's window. She takes a nap at 9:30 a.m. for 20 minutes to an hour, and another nap at 1:30 or 2 for about an hour.
- She loves to walk up behind Scout (our cocker spaniel) and scare him. Jack, our terrier, is another story. She walks right up to him, opens her mouth, and waits for kisses. (Yuck!)
- "Nose Kisses" are some of her favorite things right now.
- Allie loves to play with stickers. She sticks them all over her hands, but thinks it's funniest when I put them on my face.
Monday, February 14, 2011
So, I recently realized I've been doing a pretty terrible job of doing the monthly updates on Allie's skills and things that I intended to do. I did them for awhile, then sporadically, and lately, not at all. I want to be able to have all these little details to refer back to with our future kiddos, so here's an update for our 13.5 month-old!