Friday, January 29, 2010

1 Month Down...A Lifetime to Go


Tomorrow, our baby girl will be 1 month old! I can't believe it has flown by so quickly! She is growing and changing every day, and we are having way too much fun watching.

Yesterday (at 4 weeks, 1 day old) she rolled over for the first time from her tummy to her back. I couldn't believe it! I was horribly disappointed because I'd been videoing her "tummy time" since she was doing so great holding her head up. As soon as I turned off the camera, she rolled over! I guess she'll do it a million more times, though. Hopefully I'll catch it soon!

Allie seems to be getting taller every day. She has the longest little baby torso I've ever seen, and long, skinny legs to compliment it! One of our favorite things is to watch her stretch when she wakes up from one of her many daily naps. She raises her tiny little arms above her head, leans her head as far back as it will go, stretches her legs out as long as they'll go, and makes the cutest little squeaky noises I've ever heard. I love it!

We are still adjusting to the sleepless nights, but are very thankful that God gives us at least one or two nights a week of pretty good sleep. She has slept up to 5 hours straight, but only a couple of times. It's exciting just when she sleeps 3 hours straight! Adam has been incredibly helpful in every way, and has learned a lot in these past 4 weeks about how to care for Allie. She loves her Daddy! Every day when he gets home from work, she loves to curl up in a little ball and snuggle up against his chest. I think it's her favorite place in the whole world, and I love that. At only a few weeks old, she is already fast becoming Daddy's girl.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That picture of Allie and Adam is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the family photo too! So neat to read about the little milestones she is reaching like rolling over. How fun to be a mommy!!

Krista Sanders said...

Tori-- I have so enjoyed seeing pictures at your Grandmother's. She is just a beauty. I can't wait to meet her in person. I love your family pictures at the header. Darling.

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of Adam and Allie is so good! It is precious to watch the daddy/daughter relationship develop. I love the rolling over, it's so fun to watch their surprised faces when they're not sure what just happened! Praying for more and more sleep for you!