Thursday, December 3, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin...


Our precious baby Allie is due to arrive one month from today! I hope to write at least a little each day from now until she arrives, so that I can look back and remember this immeasurable feeling of anticipation.


Since it's hard to make sense of all of my thoughts, expectations, and crazy emotions right now, I'll just list a few of the things bouncing around in my heart and head as we wait for Allie's birth.

To Do:
  • Make some cute burp cloths. (We only have two right now!)
  • Buy a baby monitor, crib skirt, and other finishing touches.
Other musings...
  • This month will be full of lots of "lasts". Depending on Allie's birthday, this will be our last Christmas season as just a "couple".
  • There will only be 4 or 5 more weekends Adam and I have to laze around the house together...just the two of us.
  • Though she is quickly outgrowing her space, and kicking me in my broken rib often, I will strive to enjoy this season.
  • Allie has the hiccups 1-3 times every day. Poor baby.
  • Today was my last day of teaching sewing. Such a sweet season of my life, but I'm excited about what's next: mommying and monogramming!

No comments: