Wednesday, December 23, 2009

6!!!

You may notice that my countdown skipped a few days there...we are now in the single digits, with only SIX days until Allie's arrival!!!

At my weekly doctor's visit yesterday, she informed me that my body is showing no signs of wanting to cooperate and get this little baby out, so I will be induced next Tuesday/Wednesday! I say "Tuesday/Wednesday" because we will be admitted Tuesday evening, spend the night in the hospital, and they will start the induction Wednesday morning. If all goes well, which I am sure it will, we'll be holding our baby girl on the 30th, only one week from today!

Now that we have a deadline, it is becoming even more real. We have lots of loose ends to tie up before Tuesday, and Christmas in the mix, too! Tomorrow, we'll meet with Adam's mom, our niece Libby, and Adam's brother Erick to exchange gifts. After that, we'll head to church for our Christmas Eve service, then on to Dad's place for Christmas Eve dinner and presents! It will be a full evening, but lots of fun with family!

Christmas day, we are scheduled to be at Memaw's house for a blissful grandmother-cooked breakfast by 8:00 a.m., followed by presents. We open one at a time, there. I love getting to see what everyone gets! After Memaw's, we are planning to come home for a short while so I can rest a bit before journeying out to Azle to be with Adam's dad's side of the family. We will be home late Christmas afternoon, and hopefully be able to enjoy a quiet night by the fire.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas celebrating the greatest gift ever given: Jesus!

No comments: