Saturday, April 25, 2009

Where the Light Is


This morning, I was awakened to tell Adam goodbye before he spends the day at a church fundraiser golf tournament. He had to leave by 6:30, and I couldn't seem to fall back asleep after that.

Venturing out into the dark living room, I noticed, even though the blinds were all closed, and the curtains drawn, that the morning light was finding its way through the blind slats, and around the curtain edges. It was so comforting to see that even in a place that seemed completely dark, light was finding its way through. Whether I closed the curtains or shut the blinds, the light was still there in some small way making itself known. I love mornings. Not when they're frazzled and hurried, but when I take a few minutes to appreciate the true new beginning I'm given each morning. The fresh, piercing light is such a sweet reminder of that.



After a few minutes of sitting in the 'mostly darkness', I reached for the light switch to turn on the kitchen light. I paused before flipping it on, because it was a clear reminder of how I allow the so-called 'light' manufactured by this world to take the place of the True Light.

1 John 2:8 'Yet I am writing you a new command; it is truth seen in him and in you, because the darkness is passing, and the true light is already shining.'

3 comments:

Amy G said...

That is a great post. I don't often have time to just enjoy the meaning of mornings. But they are a new start or begining to something wonderful that could happen. I love you blog. I was wondering how you got the big picture at the top. I am still new to this blog thing and want to make mine cuter. Also, I added you to my blog so I can come check yours out!

steve said...

Great observation Tori - Upon reading this I had another interesting thought: when you have kids they'll wake up with the true light - we learn to ignore and sleep in the light, but God creates us to be awake and alive in the light.

Krista Sanders said...

Beautiful writing, Mrs. Tori! One of my favorites of yours. Love the picture.
Morning is my favorite.