I've learned a lot lately about trust. It's a word that is spoken often. It has hit me recently as something I've always heard but never fully understood. (Not that there are any aspects of Christ that we can ever fully understand...)
During a sweet time of praise and worship last month, I really sensed the Holy Spirit's presence. He was bringing to mind each member of my family individually, and as soon as their faces would cross my mind, he would say, "Just trust me". I am a worrier much more than I'd like to admit. I worry about relationships, dynamics in friendships, my family's health, their walks with the Lord, the standard stuff, I suppose. As God brought to mind each of these people, one by one, He instructed me, gently, to trust Him with my worries about them, their relationships, and their walk with Him.
Since then, I've learned a lot about my identity in Christ as I've learned to trust Him more. Who am I in Him? How does He see me?
- His child: His goodness and mercy chase after me!
- He is for me!
- He accomplishes all things for me!
- He hems me in behind and before!
- He has anointed me with the oil of joy!
- He is faithful and trustworthy!
- He is my refuge and strength!
- I am blessed because He chose to bring me near to Him!
- He is sovereign over my life and everything in it.
I'm still learning a lot about this, but I'm so thankful to be walking closely with, and finally, genuinely, TRUSTING my Jesus.