Monday, September 15, 2008

dependability, anyone?

I learned a long time ago, through both circumstance and Scripture, that I should not put my hope in people. After all, they're people. Scripture even tells us to "make allowances for one another's faults". That basically means that we are to expect every person in our lives to fail us at one time or another, and make allowances for it.

The thing is...I consider myself to be the type of person who is dependable to a fault. I do my very best to always return phone calls, texts, e-mails, even posts on Facebook or MySpace. Maybe that is why it's so disappointing when others don't make the same efforts.

In no way should I be moved out of the "faulty human" category, don't get me wrong! It's just disappointing...even when I've been taught over and over that Jesus is the One and Only one I can depend on...

No comments: