Friday, February 22, 2013

{It's Been 2 Months Since...} Christmastime

Yes. This is me. Writing a Christmas post in February. Post-Valentine's day, even.

I decided at the beginning of this year that I really missed blogging, that it was an important part of me cataloging these days with my sweet babies, and a good creative outlet in a season in which it's hard to get out my fun craft projects. I decided that at the beginning of the year...and here I am, 7 weeks in, finally sitting down to act on it.

So...Christmastime. Here are the highlights:

About two weeks before Christmas, we took the kids to see Santa. We did a bit of research (shocking for us, I know) for Allie's first Christmas, and discovered that Downtown Fort Worth is really the greatest place to visit Santa Claus. It's only $7.00, and you can take as many of your own photos as you like. The only problem?

Santa was out sick. For real.


Our laid-back little man didn't mind. He was still up for
some photo op's for mama. How could I resist him in the little
plaid bow-tie? Come. On.

My sweet ones in their "Christmas Best".



Maybe it was all for the best. We got all (re) dressed-up a week later and gave it another go. Allie
was over-the-top excited...until it was her turn. Poor little punkin!

Do I have to go?

My two favorite boys waiting for Santa.

 Then came Christmas Day...and SNOW!

Our little Eskimo at Adam's Dad's house

 My sweet husband gave me his giant coat because I was freezing. Nice look, yes?

Wyatt wasn't a big fan of his first snowy Christmas.

He liked it a bit better when he wasn't sitting in it. (Can't say I blame 'em.)

These babies loved asking Daddy to "pwease make a big big fire" all season long.

Pretty things make me happy. I LOVED my 'Merry Christmas' banner joining
our little stockings on the mantle this year. Pretty sure it's here to stay.

Our Elf on the Shelf, Clark {Griswold}, returned this year!

Allie just *had* to stop and say hello to Rudolph every time we drove anywhere at night. (Luckily, he was in a yard just up the street!)

One of my favorite birthday gifts (a few weeks before Christmas): This beautiful monogram for our front door.

Christmas Eve jammies. I had visions of a perfect picture of these two under
the tree, but this was the best we could do. Love these crazies.



No comments: