Sunday, November 6, 2011

Doing Life Together

We have been in our house for just over two weeks now, and it is finally feeling like home. Though most of the walls are still bare, we are well on our way to being officially "settled in". The past couple of weeks, we have had so many wonderful opportunities to do so much with our church family! We are so close now, and can enjoy spontaneous meals with friends, take classes at church, and be involved in ministries in new and exciting ways.


For months leading up to the sale of our house, God spoke over me that He had great blessings waiting for us in Keller if we would take the step and move. Those blessings are written all over these past 2 weeks, and it is so exciting to think there is so much more to come!


I cannot imagine trying to walk out my life as a believing wife, mom, friend, sister, daughter, or even granddaughter without the community of believers in our church. Scripture states over and over how important fellowship is with other believers, and this has become more and more evident in our lives. 


Psalm 55:14 What good fellowship we enjoyed as we walked together...


1 John 1:7 But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.


Acts 2:42 All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals...


Acts 2:44 And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.


Hebrews 10:24-25 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.


I love that last verse. Scripture even warns us not to neglect meeting together. Meeting together and spending time with friends who encourage me, love me, listen to me, tell me what I need to hear (even if it's what I don't want to hear), and who pray for me during the times we're not together...it feeds me. You know why? Because that's how God made me. That's how He made all of us. With a need for one another. That's why one of the first verses in Genesis says that "it is not good for man to be alone". 


So grateful that I've learned that God wired us this way, and that because He did, He has people in place all around us just waiting for us to see our need for them (and their need for us, too!) By secluding ourselves, all we do is rob ourselves and others of the joy that "doing life together" brings. I've attached a link to a video from our church, showing how we've "done life together" over the past few years. So thankful to be a part.


The Milestone Church Journey:: Final Lap Video

No comments: