Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy 2011!

2010 was one busy, crazy year for the Rieger family! Our God has been so faithful through every bit of it, and I am so thankful He is always constant!

The new year is always a time of reflection for me. I tend to need to reflect on the past year before I'm able to really look ahead to the new one. I love to see all that's taken place, all that's been accomplished, all that's been gained and lost in the past, and see God's hand in all of it. This is really all just for me - processing, thinking aloud, and taking a look back at the year, so that I can wake tomorrow ready to move ahead into ALL that God has laid out for me in 2011!

2010...
*I've never been more proud of myself than I am for nursing Allie for the first year of her life. This was one of the most challenging things I've ever done, and I am thankful to God for placing encouraging mommy friends around me to tell me it would get better - and it did! So thankful I was able to give her this gift.
*I rang in 2010 by bringing Allie home from the hospital.
*We went on our first ever family vacation to see my one and only cousin get married on the beach in Florida. It was so fun and memorable, and we're so blessed to have Mary as a part of our family now!
*Adam and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary and 6th year together - Praise God!
*The iPhone 4 came out (I know this seems lame, but it's allowed us to document SO much of little Allie's life - such a fun blessing!)
*I've watched my dad go through lots of struggles this year, and learned a lot about trusting God through this process. We are continuing to pray for complete healing in his life, and that God will have victory over Dad's addiction.
*This year, I enjoyed shopping for my daughter much more than for myself.
*We had so much fun watching the Texas Rangers play in the World Series!
*We experienced our first (and hopefully last) trip to the E.R. with Allie, when she fell off of the kitchen counter-top out of her bumbo seat. I am still so thankful to God for protecting her from any worse injury than a goose-egg on the head. Thankful, thankful, thankful.
*I didn't teach, help with, or attend a single sewing lesson at Memaw's house. For the first time in my life. I think 26 years was probably enough, but I do miss being with my precious Memaw daily.
*I got beautiful diamond earrings for my first Mother's Day. Shortly after, I got my ears double-pierced so that I could wear them always.
*God drew me closer to Him through many late-night prayers when I was up with Allie.
*I watched my little brother grow and mature in Christ, and become a true leader in the eyes of our family. So thankful for him, and the healthy relationship we have.

I have lots of "I wonder"'s about 2011. I am praying that God will keep my eyes fixed on Him as He leads me through this year, drawing me closer to His side, and working in and through all of the relationships He has placed me in. I have a few small, hopefully attainable, goals for the new year.

*Calorie Counting for all of January at least. This helps me be more attentive to what I'm eating. It's not a weight-loss plan, just a "mindfulness" plan. Doing this ever so often is always eye-opening to me.
*Being better about meal/grocery planning and spending. I know that planning ahead saves both time and money, and I need to purpose to do that.
*Seek opportunities (and TAKE the opportunities) to bless and encourage those around me, showing the Love of Christ. I want to be intentional about encouraging others - whether by cards in the mail, notes on Facebook, phone calls, or face to face time together.
*Pray with Allie more. Sounds simple enough, but this is a lifetime habit I want to root in her from a young age. I want to build more prayer into my life, too, and why not do it together? :)

I am so grateful that, whatever this year holds, God holds all of it in His careful, big-enough hands to carry it all.

No comments: