Thursday, January 7, 2010

Allie Joy Rieger's Birth Day



It has been 8 days since we welcomed our sweet daughter into the world. 8 days that have flown by...

We went in last Tuesday night, December 29th, so that they could begin my induction. I was scheduled to receive Pitocin sometime early Wednesday morning, December 30th. Before they were able to give me the medicine, my body took over, and little Allie was well on her way by 6:30 Wednesday morning. Things progressed much more quickly than any of us anticipated, which suddenly meant it was time for her delivery, and there was no time for me to get more medicine. I'm calling it my "accidental natural childbirth". It was, by far, the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Now, I sit at the kitchen table, looking into these beautiful dark eyes staring back at me, and I know it was well worth all the pain and work. We are so grateful to have a happy, healthy baby girl at home!

On Thursday, December 31st, New Year's Eve, we bundled baby Allie up and made our way home in the 30 degree temps. She gripped my finger the whole ride home, and stared wide-eyed out the window at all of the bright lights we passed. It was such a relief to all be home together. I was ready to begin the recovery process, and ready to see what life was going to be like as a family of 3.





2 comments:

Misty Marie said...

Thank you for sharing the memories of such a beautiful day with us...

Amy G said...

Wow Tori, I didn't know you had her natural, way to go girl! It really is the hardest thing you will every do from what I hear. It is also the most amazing thing you will ever see when they put the baby up on your chest. She is so pretty. I hope to see her soon, congrats!