Monday, August 17, 2009

It's a GIRL!!!

We are SO thrilled to announce that we will be welcoming a sweet baby GIRL to our family!

Adam and I went last Thursday, August 13th, to the "big sonogram". (August 13th, 2006 was the day Adam proposed to me - who'd have thought we'd be finding out the gender of our first baby exactly 2 years later!) The appointment was originally scheduled for the 20th, but my doctor offered to move it up a week, and I sure didn't protest!

I had vivid dreams about the technician announcing "It's a boy" or "It's a girl" for 2 nights leading up to our appointment day. In my dreams, they would always proclaim it in a bold, loud voice. Then, the night before the big day, I only remember having one dream: We were in the sonogram room, and the technician didn't say a word. She just began to type something on the screen where we were watching our little baby: "It's A Girl". I didn't think much of it at the time, until that was EXACTLY how our technician told us during the ultrasound!

Okay...now, the fun part! Pictures!!

That's the shot from when the technician typed our big news on the screen.
Neither of us can tell what's going on in the picture, but we trust the trained eye that gave us the news! :)

Our baby girl's foot. She was quite the wiggle worm during the ultrasound, and put on a good show for us.

Then, came the best part. Without warning, the technician flipped the switch to 4D. We were so thrilled to see our little girl's face!!


There she is with her little mouth wide open! A lot of the other figures are just fluid that was in the way.

Our little gymnast! At only about 9"-10" long, she is already doing some pretty amazing stunts! We loved getting to see her little foot reach up to her forehead!

My favorite: baby girl all snuggled up. We're in love already...

James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights..."

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw, she is just PERFECT!!! What exciting news to find out you are having a precious little girl :) I loved the pictures! Congrats!

Amy G said...

I am so excited for you. Now the planning can really begin. Do you have names you like yet? You are going to have so much fun with a little girl. You can teach her all the crafty things you like to do, she could be your little helper. Congrats!

Tori said...

Thanks, girls! We're definitely having lots of fun planning for her arrival!

Amy - I've already been warned by many that she may be an all-star athlete or something, and have no interest in any of these fun crafts! Haha, hopefully a good balance will win out!

megs said...

Tori! She's so beautiful already! I love that you got to see the 4D. WOW

Krista Sanders said...

Of course I saw these at sewing. DARLING. Yes, the last one is my favorite too.