Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stop This Train

Lately, especially in the past week or so, I've felt like life is spinning out of control all around me at a rapid pace! In the past 2-3 months, I've had at least 5 friends get engaged. As if that weren't enough, the events of the past week have gotten even bigger and better!

In the past week, well actually, in the past 5 days:
  • A girlfriend I have known since we were in diapers welcomed her first sweet baby (a beautiful baby girl) into the world on July 4th.
  • I found out about not one, but two friends of mine expecting little ones just a few short weeks after our Baby Rieger arrives.
  • I celebrated the upcoming arrival of another baby girl with friends at a fun, frilly baby shower.
  • I waited, impatiently, (and Facebook stalked) to hear (read) news of a "mystery baby's" birth yesterday. It's a boy! An adorable one, I might add, and the son of a girlfriend I've known since we were 12.

In each of these milestone events, amid the crazy hype of all of it, there are moments in which I can't help but sit back and be so completely thankful to and utterly dependent upon my awesome, giving God. He truly is the giver of all good gifts! Though sometimes I do feel like I want to "stop this train...to get off and go home again", I know that God's timing is at work, and is always better than my own.

This is a season of life I've always looked forward to, so instead of looking back, I want to revel in every minute of all that God is doing in and around me.

Psalm 36:5 "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the Heavens, Your
faithfulness to the skies."

2 comments:

Hayley McCarthy said...

The train has only just begun..but it's a fun ride!!! : )

Krista Sanders said...

Ditto Daniel and Hayley! You are going to LOVE it!!