Saturday, March 15, 2008

2/3 of the way to my goal!


So here's a subject I don't think I've ever addressed online: weight.

I decided at the beginning of the year that I wanted to lose around 15 pounds by my first anniversary (coming up in April). I've changed my diet to include lots more yummy, healthy foods, and it's paying off! I've lost 10 pounds as of today! Yay! Plus, I am enjoying working out SO much more than when I first started!

Anyway...I'm proud of myself, and thankful to my faithful God for motivating me from the inside out.

So...I'm thinking that over my Spring Break, I'll make a couple of new mixes to work-out to. What songs would you put in your work-out mix?



(I have a "mellow" work-out mix and a "cardio" work-out mix now.)

Some of the songs on mine are:

  • Halo - Bethany Joy Lenz
  • Love Story - Katharine McPhee
  • Not Like That - Ashley Tisdale
  • Daring Daylight Escape - Caedmon's Call
  • We're Young and Beautiful - Carrie Underwood
  • Saturdays - Holly Brook
  • Over My Head - The Fray
  • and a few others by Fergie, Kelly Clarkson, and Maroon 5
So...input, anyone?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You are AMAZING! 10 lbs!! Wow....good for you! I'm impressed and motivated. I was my goal weight for my wedding, but in the 4 months following I put on 20lbs! Yes! Not even kidding! I trained for a Half Marathon, running between 21-29 miles a week, and didn't lose a single pound. Now I am training for a 5k, I joined Weight Watchers, and I've totally changed my eating habits (more fruits and veggies!) and I'm starting to lose! I'm so excited! It shows that how you eat sure makes a difference. Anyway, your posts motivate me, so thank you! Keep us all updated on your weight loss success! 5lbs away from your goal is AWESOME!

Ok, so I loved your music list too...I've been needing some new workout music ideas! So here are some of mine that I like...

Step Up and Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne
Ecstasy by ATB
Never Alone by Barlow Girl
Beautiful by Bethany Dillon
Is It You? by Cassie
Fighter and The Voice Within by Christina Aguilera
Here In Your Arms by Hellogoodbye

Oh, Mark needs the computer...I'll post more later!

Jessica said...

Ok, so here are a few more =)

Let's Get Loud by Jennifer Lopez
Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield
Burn For You by Toby Mac
Titan's Spirit (Score) off of Remember the Titans
Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song) by Enrique Iglesias
A Call To Arms (it's off of some soundtrack, not sure which one thought!)

Ummm....and that's all I can think of right now. =)

ERA Heritage Real Estate said...

Wow Tori that's awesome! It's so hard for me to be motivated to exercise. I'm trying to loose weight also, 15 pounds is my goal. I have 4 down..11 to go! I love working out to music, it really helps me to keep going. Plus having a goal to work toward. I'm running a 10K in 2 weeks that has me pretty motivated to get out and run, either run or I'm going to be really sorry come race day.:P

Hope you're having a great day and YAY for Fruits and Veggies!!!!!