Thursday, December 13, 2007

thursday thirteen: graduation edition


Tomorrow night, I will officially walk the stage at the University of Texas at Arlington as a college graduate. It seems totally unbelievable that I actually finished, considering the fact I never even wanted to go to college. So in honor of my graduating, I've decided to write this week's Thursday Thirteen on...

13 Things I Will Not Miss About Being A Student



1. Looking for a parking space for so long that I miss the first ten minutes of class.

2. Driving 35 minutes to and from school.

3. Walking miles across campus in rain, snow, sleet, and wind.

4. Eating my sack lunch in the U.C. while catching momentary glimpses of everyone else's pizza, Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, and candy bars.

5. Waiting endlessly for that one kid sitting next to me (in EVERY class) to stop asking the questions everyone already knows the answers to.

6. Waking up at the crack of dawn.

7. Carrying a 100 pound backpack.

8. Shopping for textbooks that, at times, really did cost more than my tuition.

9. Reading said textbooks.

10. Essay Questions.

11. Class presentations.

12. Group projects with people I've never spoken to, and probably never will again.

13. The toilets in the math building that are set up so high that my feet dangled.


No comments: