Sunday, October 21, 2007

6th monthaversary trip to San An-tone!


Adam took me to San Antonio this weekend in celebration of our six-monthaversary. I can't believe we've already been married six months! This year has been incredible, and I have to confess I'm a little downhearted to see it flying by so quickly.

Sitting here, with my two precious doggies sleeping by my side, I know that this has truly become my home. When Adam and I were in San Antonio, it became a comforting fact that the things I missed about home were the same things he was missing...because we were missing the same home. We especially missed the same pillows because the hotel pillows were some half-size version of overly-fluffy stuffed squares. I had to use three in an attempt to sleep at all Friday night. All that to say...it's true that being married to some one means sharing everything with them. The good, the bad, and the ugly...and even the things you miss at home when you're out of town.

San Antonio was so fun! We stayed in a hotel on the Riverwalk, and spent most of our time walking and sitting (not to mention eating) along the lush riverwalk paths. I feel so fortunate to have a husband who values me and our relationship enough to take me away for an anniversary others might not even notice. How precious my Jesus is to have given me such an attentive, loving husband!


No comments: